You’re currently viewing a category page that only has posts with the “Aside” post format assigned on the post edit screen…
NC San Diego / Part-Time
The Project Manager has the responsibility of directing all aspects of construction management, information flow and documentation between the Owner, Architect, Tenant, and Field Superintendent. The Project Manager is required to set procedures; establish construction schedules; interpret and clarify construction documents as to the intent of the Architect and the Owner; and qualify all sub-contract bids to ensure that they are thorough. It is the Project Manager’s responsibility for project startup through to completion and final billing.
BA or BS Degree in Business, Engineering or preferably in Construction Management with ten (10) years previous experience in a construction management environment. LEED AP or equivalent.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Solid background in construction, bidding and estimating
- Proven track record of problem solving issues including but not limited to Owner, Architect, Field Superintendent, personnel and project hindrances
- Professional appearance and attitude, possessing strong verbal and written communication skills to represent The Contractor Construction Group in a positive and professional manner
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management coordination and scheduling
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and shop drawings accurately
- Proficient at reading, writing and comprehending contractual legal documents and/or draft addendum’s
- PC literate for correspondence, spread sheet tracking and project management coordination, including basic skills with MS Office. Knowledge of Prolog, Timberline and/or MS Project a plus
- Demonstrates established and consistent methods of multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
- LEED project experience is a plus
- Adaptability: This person has the ability to perform a variety of tasks, with often changing priorities.
- Negotiation: Uses appropriate methods and styles of communication to gain acceptance of job project changes.
- Decision-Making: Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action when necessary.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stability under pressurized deadlines or conflicts.
- Independence: Productivity is an outflow of actions derived from personal convictions and motivation.
- Initiative: A proactive self-starter that maintains a high level of productivity without close supervision.
- Integrity: Upholds The Contractor Construction Group’s high standard of ethics and moral conduct by presenting one’s self in a professional manner at all times.